WELCOME

Welcome to Kaylia's blog!!

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Birth of Kaylia to the world

On 11 December 2009, which kaylia is at week 37 exactly... as per normal, i went for checkup and Dr WK Tan told me that Kaylia is still enjoying herself inside... i have no contraction and baby not engage yet... so wont be so soon! she weigh abt 3.19kg already... i was so worried abt her birth weight cos i wan to try natural birth... but since doctor says wont be so soon, so i just have to wait... keke... n i still able to atend kuku's wedding and continue to enjoy eating... keke... :) so life continues as per normal....
On 15 December 2009, Tuesday night, i was working late until abt 8pm... and i was rushing my work etc... when i was abt to leave office, angela still asking me "will u be here tomorrow?" i still reply her "Y not?" of cos i will be here... keke...

On 16 December 2009, Wednesday.. early morning abt 7am... yong was talking to baby as per normal... he usually will talk to baby then he will leave home for work... so he was telling baby tat 9 more days will be christmas and baby will wan to be a christmas baby? then after talking to baby, he went to the kitchen for his bread for breakfast... so i wake up and went to toilet... the night before, i realise i have lots of fluid flowing out... but its normal bai dai like tat... so i ignore... so morning when i went toilet, i realise my panty was wet but as i was wearing a black panty, i didnt see the colour of my fluid... so i took some toilet paper n wipe... i saw blood stain!!! i was so shocked and i keep shouting for dear... telling him HOW?! i was in shocked n blurred!! dunno wat to do!! n i tell him or i go office first... handover then i go see doctor later... cos clinic oso not opened yet! then i walk here n there dunno wat to do... he is in daze too... cos he doesnt know if he still going to work or not... so i decided to call my mum n ask her... then my mum told me tat if got blood liao, i need to go hospital liao... then dear call up TMC n check... the nurse oso told him i should go hospital now... so we decided to go hospital... i still thinking it should be a false alarm... cos doctor say baby wont come out so fast mah... so when we reach hospital, i wasnt prepared tat i will give birth... i still tell dear dear tat tonight i be cooking birdnest for baby... and he still tell me he wan bring me go eat crab before baby comes out... so we were still not prepared for baby arrival... n the worst thing is i havent pack anything for hospitalisation... keke... so quickly packed in a rush and i quickly bath... so when reach TMC, i was observed using the monitor... to monitor my contraction and baby's heartbeat... the nurse keep asking me if i have any contraction, i told her no... then after monitoring for sometime, the nurse told me i have contraction already... so when Dr WK Tan arrived, she check my dilation and told me tat i have dilated 1cm already... i was so shocked.. so she put one tablet into my cevix for softening.... at tat time, yong went out to make phone call, so when doctor left, i still thinking will i be giving birth today? then i ask the nurse... the nurse says of cos... the tablet already put in... oh my god, i was so shocked... then when yong came back, i told him the nurse looking for him to register me for ward and medisave... cos i be giving birth today.... he was shocked oso... keke... so he went to do the necessary documentation, n came back to me... Think i should write the whole process with the time included:
7.00am : Saw blood stain
8.45am : Reach Thomson Medical Centre
9.00am : Put on Monitor
10.00am : Dr WK Tan came and examined. Dilated 1cm. Put in tablet to soften cevix
12.00pm : Serve my lunch
1.00pm : Nurse shave and pump in the fluid to empty my bowels
1.30pm : Bath and clean up myself
1.45pm : Sent to Labour Ward Room 5
2.00pm : Dr WK Tan examine my contraction at 1.5cm... then break my waterbag and put me
on drip to speed up my contraction
2.15pm : My contraction begins... PAIN PAIN PAIN! i tried to endure and used the gas but NO
USE!
3.45pm : Dr WK Tan came and i told her i cant endure, can i have empidural?
4.15pm : Dr Lilian came and help me inject empidural.. my contraction was so frequent that she
has to stop the drip so tat she's able to inject empidural
4.30pm : Empidural finally work and i was painless
5.30pm : Dr WK Tan came to check my dilation.. it was only 5cm...
6.30pm : Nurse serve me dinner which is sandwich...
8.00pm : A senior nurse came to check my dilation.. it was 8cm... the nurse told me most likely
i will be able to start pushing at 10pm....
8.15pm : My empidural started to lose effect.. i begin to feel my contraction again... but the
nurse told me they cant increase the empidural too much for me cos if so, i wont be
able to push later.. so they increase a little bit... n i could still feel the pain... but no
choice, i have to endure...
10.00pm : Finally the nurse check my dilation... it was 10cm...
10.15pm : I begin to push... it was so tedious and tiring... but at tat point, i only could use all my
strength to push... i wouldnt wish to go c-section after trying for so many hours in
labour ward...
10.30pm : Dr WK Tan came.. and help me... i push n push... the midwives help to push my
stomach.... after trying for 15 more minutes, baby is out... i could hear her cries...
i feel so happy... i kept asking doctor is baby fine? she told me baby can yell so loud most likely she doesnt have any problem... they carry baby for me to kiss n bring her out to yong to measure her weight n length...
she weigh 3.205kg at birth and length of 49cm... this is a photo of her at birth...

No comments:

Post a Comment